ORRCA Qld Inc is an association of clubs that organise the sport of radio control model car racing within Queensland.
- Our clubs are scattered throughout the State of Queensland
- Our clubs endeavour to operate races that will cater for Beginners as well as State and National level competitors.
- Our clubs are staffed by volunteers and in almost every case they would welcome help from new members, both racers and non-racers.
- ORRCA Qld Inc encourage groups of like minded people to form new clubs, and can help with information required to setup and operate new clubs.
- ORRCA Qld Inc is the organising body and has responsibility for Queensland Championship events (Off-Road and On-Road) each year.
- ORRCA Qld Inc develops the rules under which these events are run, mirroring closely the national and international rules for these classes of R/C racing, and promotes these rules within member clubs.
In addition, we hold a State-Wide Public Liability Insurance Policy under which the clubs are able to operate, should they choose to do so.
Under the terms of our incorporation as “ORRCA Qld Inc” our Objectives are:
- To co-ordinate and promote the sport of radio controlled car racing in Queensland.
- To establish and maintain rules for the sport of radio controlled car racing in Queensland, both Electric and Gas.
- To organise and host the annual Queensland Championships for all variants of the sport of radio controlled cars.
- To liaise with National Bodies for Australian Championships for radio controlled cars when held in Queensland.
- To encourage and help groups of enthusiasts to form new incorporated clubs.
ORRCA Qld Inc is an incorporated association, run by a management committee elected annually at the Annual General Meeting of affiliated clubs.
Voting rights are allocated one per club.
Only clubs can become voting members of ORRCA Qld Inc.
Ordinary (non-voting) membership is offered to any person who is a financial member of an affiliated club and on whose behalf the club pays “ORRCA Qld Inc” the prescribed fee.
We organise three yearly championship events; ORRCA Queensland Electric Off-Road Championship is run on the Queens Birthday (Queensland) weekend, the ORRCA Queensland Gas Tourer Championship is run on the last weekend of March each year since 2009, and the ORRCA Queensland Electric On-Road Titles is run on the last weekend of September or the first weekend of October. The dates for the events are set, and are intended to be run on the same weekend every year.
Minor changes might occur at times due to unforseen circumstances.